Sep 22, 2017
Title of Major: Arts and Sciences, Nursing Transfer A.S.
Award: Associate of Science degree, A.S.
Total Credit Hours: 60
About Biology Department
Purpose: The Nursing Transfer program prepares students for transfer to area colleges and universities offering a bachelor of science degree in nursing.
Planning Tool: Two-Year Sequence of Courses
General Education Requirement: 33-36 credits
An approved list of general education courses can be found in the General Education Requirements and degree program required courses section of the catalog. Choose general education courses from the following topics:
Arts and Humanities: 6 credits
Biological and Physical Sciences: 8 credits
Computer Technology, Interdisciplinary Studies or Mathematics: 3 credits
Social and Behavioral Sciences: 6 credits
Program Requirements: 9 credits
The Program Requirements for this degree are simultaneously satisfied by three of General Education Requirements listed above: (1) the Communications Arts and Humanities general education requirement, (2) the Sophomore Literature Arts and Humanities general education requirement, and (3) one of the History Social and Behavioral Sciences general education requirement courses (HIS 111 or HIS 112 or HIS 211 or HIS 212).
Area of Concentration Requirements: 24-27 credits
Satisfied by SOC 111 requirement.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze and solve problems by applying discipline-appropriate quantitative tools, concepts, and methods.
- Investigate physical phenomena experimentally, using discipline-specific tools and methodology.
- Apply discipline-specific lab safety rules.
- Apply knowledge of discipline-specific fundamental concepts to explain experimental outcomes or real world phenomena.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret information based on scientific reasoning and discipline-specific concepts.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Related Anne Arundel Community College Degree
Students seeking entry to Anne Arundel Community College’s Nursing (RN) degree should refer to the registered nurse information in this catalog.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources