Sep 22, 2017
Title of Certificate: Advanced Network Security, Certificate
Total Credit Hours: 16
About the Cybersecurity, Networking and Digital Forensics department
Purpose: Provides students with the hands-on skills and knowledge to protect cyber computer networks. Skills covered include the design and implementation of firewalls, IDS, wireless security, cryptography, Linux security, Windows security, among others. In addition to network security fundamentals students will learn valuable defense and countermeasures.
Range of Occupations
- Internet security specialist
- IT compliance specialist
- IT manager
- Network administrator
- Network analyst
- Systems analyst
Print this Certificate Planner
Financial Aid: This program has not been approved by the U.S. Department of Education for eligibility for federal student aid. Students enrolled in this program may not be eligible to receive financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education (Pell Grants, SEOG, Federal Work-Study, Direct Loans or PLUS loans) or the Maryland Higher Educations Commission (Educational Assistance Grants, Senatorial Scholarships or Delegate Scholarships). For current information on eligible programs, contact Financial Aid by calling 410-777-2203, emailing email@example.com or stopping by a Financial Aid office.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
To graduate with a certificate, students must have demonstrated eligibility for ENG 111 or ENG 115 . See Academic Regulations for all Graduation Requirements.
Certificate Requirements: 16 credits
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Perform TCP/IP addressing, routing, and packet filtering.
- Install proxy servers, firewalls, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Secure network perimeters and harden network infrastructure.
- Identify the priorities and processes used to protect computer and network systems.
- Identify network vulnerabilities, implement network defense strategies and develop alternate solutions based upon cost and level of security required.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources