Sep 22, 2017
Title of Certificate: Architecture and Interior Design - Landscape Design, A.A.S.
Award: Associate of Applied Science degree, A.A.S
Total Credit Hours: 60
About Architecture-and-Interior-Design Department
Purpose: The option serves as an introduction to Landscape Architecture while developing essential workforce skills for use in the profession. The program focuses on the creation of the outdoor environments using a design process that incorporates aspects of ecological systems and human behavioral design strategies. Diverse landscape typologies are explored to acquire analytical skills inclusive of environmental, socio-political, health and safety, and sustainable influences. An emphasis on the utilization of technical design skills, methods of construction, and industry technologies is implemented to construct oral, written and visual presentations Integralto the Landscape Architecture Profession.
Range of Occupations
- Landscape Design Intern
- Landscape Design CAD operator
- Site Surveyor
- Map Developer
- Garden and Nursery Assistant
- Sustainability Officer
- Sustainability Specialist
- Water Resource Specialist
Planning Tool: Two-Year Sequence of Courses
Arts and Humanities: 3-6 credits
Biological and Physical Sciences: 3 credits
Computer Technology: 4 credits
Social and Behavioral Sciences: 3 credits
Program Requirements: 35 credits
Computer Competency Requirement
General education requirement CTA 100 or CTP 103 meets this requirement.
General educational requirement SOC 111 meets this requirement.
Fast Track Option
This program has a Fast Track Option for those holding a college degree.
Upon successful completion of this degree program, students will be able to:
- Define and apply a design process for solving design problems.
- Demonstrate analytical skills inclusive of environmental, socio-political, health and safety, and sustainable influences and relationships.
- Utilize technical skills, methods, and technologies common to the Landscape Architecture Profession.
- Construct oral, written and visual communications common to the Landscape Architecture Profession.
- Express Landscape Architecture as a profession with regards to practices, values and ethics.
- Recognize and utilize Landscape Architecture Historical precedents, theory and research.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources