May 28, 2023
ACH 100 - Introduction to Interior Design 1 credit hour - One hour forty minutes weekly; 8 weeks.
Gain an overview of the interior design profession. Learn the principles and elements of interior design through critiques, simple in-class exercises, projects, and lectures. Explores the various academic pathways in both residential and commercial design. Preparatory course for students exploring the field of interior design and seeking a certificate or degree. Lab fee $20.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the field of Interior Design and options of specialization in this career path
- Determine if Interior Design is the career path for you.
- Describe the misconceptions of the responsibilities of an Interior Designer.
- Ascertain an area of specialization in Interior Design that you would like to pursue.
- Explain how Interior Design affects the public and private spaces from a local to a global market
- Determine the environmental impact of Interior Design globally.
- Adopt principles of universal design and ADA standards, (American Disabilities Act).
- Predict the visual impact designers contribute to client business success.
- Define business reponsibilities of the Interior Designer as an employee or employer.
- Explore specialization in interior design pathways and the work criteria associated with each path.
- Define the legal responsibilities of the designer/client relationship.
- Propose optional business practices that benefit the interior designer as an employee or employer
- Acquaint self with marketing tools to encourage business growth.
Core 1 Communication Core 5 Self Management Core 10 Innovative and Critical Thinking