Sep 27, 2020
ACH 255 - Digital Technologies 2 3 credit hours - One hour of lecture and four hours of laboratory weekly; one term.
Apply advanced digital drawing skills used in the architectural design professions. Construct and organize CAD drawings with techniques necessary for digital design presentations and construction documents. Explore in-depth commands and features to generate multiple printing and model formats including laser cutting. Lab fee $40.
Prerequisite(s): ACH 245 or permission of the department chair.
Note: This course counts as one of the required CAD electives.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Utilize advanced AutoCAD tools for creation digital drawing.
- Review geometric AutoCAD commands.
- Review building components in a digital design.
- Create a static and annotative blocks in AutoCAD.
- Utilize blocks in a digital design.
- Revise and edit AutoCAD blocks.
- Utilize Polylines and Polyline features.
- Review survey coordinate and alternate measurement uses for digital drawing.
- Review digital presentation techniques in AutoCAD.
- Create polygonal and shape viewports.
- Import graphics into AutoCAD.
- Restore graphics attached to AutoCAD files.
- Revise graphics attached to AutoCAD files.
- Produce presentation drawings with AutoCAD.
- Review presentation print and plotting options with AutoCAD.
- Utilize annotative scales in a digital drawing.
- Review purpose of annotative scales in digital drawings.
- Review common design profession scales.
- Apply multiple scales to annotations in a digital drawing.
- Revise scales to annotations in a digital drawing.
- Manipulate the annotative scale of text, dimensions, and symbols.
- Produce printable designs with consistent annotations.
- Relate annotative scales to viewports.
- Create and laser cut a digital design.
- Review architectural model making conventions.
- Create a digital drawing for use with laser cutter.
- Compare Vector Cut, Vector Etch, and Rasterized Etching.
- Assign proper color to lines and objects for laser cutting.
- Review Corel Draw software use with laser cutter.
- Review laser cutter print settings.
- Assign proper material thickness material selection for laser cutting.
- Produce and edit a digital drawing for construction documentation.
- Review the purpose and creation of construction documents.
- Define common construction document symbols and conventions.
- Utilize documentation symbols in a digital drawing.
- Create a Dimension Style.
- Review dimension standards for design professions.
- Manipulate dimensions in a digital drawing.
- Review documentation material patterns for construction drawings.
- Apply appropriate hatches to construction drawings.
Core 1 Communication Core 2 Technology Fluency Core 10 Innovative and Critical Thinking