Sep 23, 2020
BPA 103 - Introduction to Entrepreneurship 3 credit hours - Three hours weekly; one term.
Investigate the relationship between entrepreneurial thinking and opportunity recognition. Examine the characteristics of entrepreneurship, creativity, critical thinking and innovation. Evaluate skills and talents as they relate to potential business ideas.
Crosslisted: Also offered as ESI 103 ; credit is not given for both BPA 103 and ESI 103 .
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and remember significant trends in a population that predict sources of opportunities.
- Identify trends and changes that might impact your potential business opportunity
- Identify which business opportunities fit your personal criteria for the vision of your company
- Discuss various strategies used by entrepreneurs to grow their customer base
- Understand techniques and tools used creativity to generate entrepreneurial thinking.
- Demonstrate the use of creativity sparking tools
- Demonstrate brainstorming techniques to generate entrepreneurial thinking
- Understand and remember the contributions to the economy made by entrepreneurs.
- Identify the various marketing strategies that entrepreneurs have used to successfully promote their business
- Discuss the pros and cons of the strategies
- Discuss how an effective business plan impacts the overall mission of an organization.
- Evaluate one or more business ideas to determine future feasibility
- Analyze a population to identify common problems in subgroups
- Create a product for a population subgroup based on solving a comon problem.
- Create a team that collaboratively analyzes data from a population, to identify common problems in subgroups of a population, then evaluates courses of action to solve identified problems by creating product
Core 1 Communication Core 2 Technology Fluency Core 3 Information Literacy Core 5 Self Management Core 6 Scientific Reasoning Core 7 Quantitative Reasoning Core 8 Social and Civic Responsibility Core 9 Global Perspective Core 10 Innovative and Critical Thinking