Sep 23, 2020
BPA 146 - The Management of Sustainable Operations 3 credit hours - Three hours weekly; one term.
Analyze sustainable management and associated changes within the scope of business which requires that leaders be more aware of how financial success and preservation of natural resources are linked. Explore the management challenges of operating a business where sustainability, financial success, social responsibilities, consumer expectations and governmental compliance are all interrelated and necessary for success for businesses of all sizes in both the profit and nonprofit arenas.
Crosslisted: Also offered as ESI 146 ; credit is not given for both BPA 146 and ESI 146 .
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the importance of management’s ability to link financial success, social responsibilities, consumer expectation and governmental compliance for long term sustainable operations.
- Understand what it means to manage for operating sustainability.
- Understand why sustainable operations are important to a business’ future.
- Understand the megatrends confronting businesses today.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation for the history and development of sustainability.
- Discuss how the sustainability movement has grown and now is being embraced by a number of businesses.
- Explain and discuss how sustainable operations has moved from an add-on to a core management responsibility in many companies.
- Industry and Industry Segment Adaptors of Sustainable Operations
- Discuss who the business leaders and business segments are that have lead the movement to embracing sustainability into their operations.
- Understand company leadership philosophies that have lead them to incorporating sustainability into their operations.
- The Impact of Governmental Policies
- Gain an appreciation for the numerous laws and regulations being implemented at the local, state and federal levels and understand how they affect operating systems and procedures.
- Discuss the political aspects of both the initiation and implementation of these regulations and laws upon a business.
- Sustainability’s Impact on Management
- Discuss how corporate cultures change when sustainable philosophies and systems are implemented into an organization.
- Discuss and explain the challenges sustainability presents to organization leaders.
- The Market Impact
- Discuss and explain how the implementation of sustainability into a company’s operations impacts its brand image and name.
- Discuss how the customer/consumer perceives a company after it has implemented sustainability into its operations.
- Discuss how competitive positions and competitor perspectives change after a company has initiated and implemented sustainable programs.
- Finance Considerations
- Discuss how major projects are evaluated in a sustainable business.
- Discuss and explain how sustainability affects management thinking in capital budgeting.
- Discuss and demonstrate how accounting changes when sustainability becomes part of a business’ operations.
- Discuss how company metrics change when sustainability is made part of operations.
- Discuss how results are measured and communicated in an organization that has implemented sustainable systems into their operations.
- Social Responsibility
- Discuss business’ obligations to society.
- Discuss ethical considerations involved in sustainability and its implementation.
- Discuss the economic concept of private gain/public cost that has lead to both legislation and public distain for business operations.
- The Impact of Globalization
- Understand how globalization has changed how businesses operate and created new issues and challenges for management.
- Discuss of how the implementation of other nation’s regulations have required management changes and challenges for U.S. Companies with respect to sustainability.
- Discuss compliance with other regulations vs. Voluntary participation by companies either advantages them or makes no impact on their governmental relations and market positions.
Core 1 Communication Core 2 Technology Fluency Core 3 Information Literacy Core 5 Self Management Core 8 Social and Civic Responsibility Core 9 Global Perspective Core 10 Innovative and Critical Thinking