Sep 22, 2020
BPA 210 - Advanced Sales and Sales Training 3 credit hours - Three hours weekly; one term.
Learn advanced principles and techniques of selling as practiced by retail sales personnel, wholesaler’s representatives and the industrial sales force. Explore topics such as adding value to the sales process, selling upgrades, establishing long-term sales relationships, generating leads and penetrating the competition.
Prerequisite(s): BPA 132 .
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of why customers buy products and services.
- Present and discuss the salesperson-buyer communication process.
- Understand a salesperson’s roles when practicing consultative selling.
- Explain why people buy benefits, rather than features or advantages.
- Show why buying is a choice decision.
- Demonstrate the ability to close large sales deals.
- Explain why it is so important to be knowledgeable.
- Illustrate the ability to use this knowledge in a sales presentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to make executive level sales calls.
- Explain the main technologies used by sales professionals.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively sell upgrades to products or services.
- Discuss the purpose and essential steps of the sales presentation.
- Develop a customer benefit plan.
- Discuss the 12 keys to a successful close.
- Discuss seven basic points to consider in meeting a customer’s objections.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the importance of building and maintaining a beneficial relationship with your customer.
- Discuss why follow up and service result in account penetration and improved sales.
- List the 8 steps involved in increasing sales to your customer.
- Discuss ethical dealings among salespeople and customers or prospects.
- Demonstrate how to penetrate your competition’s customer base while keeping your current customers.
- Discuss the importance of a sales territory.
- Explain the major elements involved in managing the sales territory.
- Discuss key techniques to penetrate the competition’s base.
- Demonstrate an understanding of prospecting and the role it plays in the sales process.
- State why it is important to prospect.
- Describe the various prospecting methods.
- Discuss how to turn a prospect into a long-term customer.
Core 1 Communication Core 2 Technology Fluency Core 3 Information Literacy Core 5 Self Management Core 8 Social and Civic Responsibility Core 10 Innovative and Critical Thinking