Sep 22, 2020
BPA 277 - Business Strategies 3 credit hours - Three hours weekly; one term.
Explore and enhance experiences working in the business environment by connecting practical applications with classroom learning. Focus on personal business skills, business operational understanding and workplace engagement.
Prerequisite(s): Eligibility for ENG 111 or ENG 115 or ENG 121 .
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the Business and Working Environment through current knowledge and on the job training.
- Describe personal working environments.
- Analyze the different working environments that exist.
- Demonstrate knowledge of personal business characteristics through personal reflection.
- Describe personal characteristics used in the business world.
- Identify personal career goals.
- Identify the concept of the work/life balance and analyze the results of a personal work/life audit.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the business operational environment.
- Identify a business philosophy.
- Describe different work environments and how they support business success.
- Identify the environment for a successful retail operation.
- Describe effective customer service skills used in the business environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of human relations in the business operational environment.
- Describe how motivation supports effective business environments.
- Identify how diversity plays a part in the daily operations of the business
- Identify traits that leaders should possess in the business environment.
- Explain the importance of civic engagement and its role in business.
- Demonstrate knowledge of mastering outcomes through reflection.
- Describe personal outcomes through reflection.
- Analyze outcomes to create a path for improvement.
Core 1 Communication Core 2 Technology Fluency Core 3 Information Literacy Core 5 Self Management Core 6 Scientific Reasoning Core 7 Quantitative Reasoning Core 8 Social and Civic Responsibility Core 9 Global Perspective Core 10 Innovative and Critical Thinking