Sep 22, 2020
CTA 112 - Personal Computer Presentation Graphics Applications 4 credit hours - Four hours of lecture and directed laboratory weekly; one term.
(formerly CSI 125 - Personal Computer Presentation Graphics Applications)
This course meets the Computing and Information Technology Competency Requirement.
Use Microsoft PowerPoint to learn the basic skills needed to create, edit, format, save and print professional-looking electronic slide presentations. Learn intermediate and advanced features including using outline view, inserting clip art, creating a presentation as a Web page, using embedded visuals, creating slide transitions, animation effects, interactive documents, charts and tables, importing sound clips, creating self-running presentations, distributing presentations to remote audiences and using Visual Basic for Applications to customize a presentation. Use a wide variety of projects to provide an understanding of different ways PowerPoint can be utilized. Prepare for and take the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) - PowerPoint 2016 industry certification exam. A student is not guaranteed certification. Lab fee $80.
Note: Users with no prior software applications experience are encouraged to take one of the following before taking this course: CTA 100 or CTA 103 .
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the use of PowerPoint presentations, identify the parts of the PowerPoint window, create and save a basic PowerPoint presentation.
- Plan and create a basic PowerPoint presentation
- View a PowerPoint presentation
- Apply basic animations to slides
- Preview and print slides, handouts, speaker notes, and the outline
- Modify presentations and add graphic objects.
- Insert graphics into presentations
- Modify graphic color, shape, and effects
- Insert shapes and text boxes
- Insert and modify SmartArt graphics
- Add and customize slides and charts.
- Insert slides from other slides
- Insert and format videos
- Insert sound clips
- Change theme fonts and colors
- Add a background to a slide
- Apply themes
- Integrate PowerPoint and collaborate with others.
- Import, export, and modify a Word outline
- Embed, link, and modify a Word table
- Embed, link, and modify an Excel chart
- Create and edit hyperlinks
- Add action buttons
- Save a presentation in other formats
- Apply Advanced Special Effects to Presentations.
- Reorder objects in layers
- Create numbered lists
- Modify pictures by applying artistic effects, cropping, compressing, and changing picture colors
- Add callouts to pictures
- Set slide timings
- Setup a self-running presentation
- Create and edit a custom show
- Create Special Types of Presentations.
- Create a Photo Album presentation
- Create a custom layout
- Create WordArt
- Add a customize a motion path
- Create a poster presentation
- Create a banner
- Save slides as picture files
Core 1 Communication Core 2 Technology Fluency Core 3 Information Literacy