Sep 22, 2020
CTA 113 - Personal Computer Information Management Applications 4 credit hours - Four hours of lecture and directed laboratory weekly; one term.
(formerly CSI 126 - Personal Computer Information Management Applications)
Use Microsoft Outlook to learn how to manage communications by using email, fax, address book features, public folders and remote work options. Describe the use of groupware application software. Learn how to schedule people, appointments, tasks and events and to create contact lists. Learn how to conduct and participate in online meetings. Prepare for and take the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) - Outlook 2016 industry certification exam. A student is not guaranteed certification. Lab fee $80.
Note: Users with no prior software applications experience are encouraged to take one of the following before taking this course: CTA 100 or CTA 103 .
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Manage E-mail Messages with Outlook
- Describe the purpose of Microsoft Outlook
- Compose and send e-mail messages
- Reply, forward, and delete e-mail messages
- Send e-mail attachments
- Save e-mails as drafts
- Create e-mail folders
- Move messages into folders
- Manage Outlook Calendars.
- Describe the components of the Outlook Calendar
- Navigate the Calendar
- Create a personal calendar
- Enter, save, move, edit, and delete appointments
- Create and edit events
- Create and edit meetings and respond to meeting requests
- Display and print the Calendar in different views
- Manage contacts and personal contact information with Outlook.
- Create and modify contacts
- View contacts in different views
- Search for contacts
- Create and modify a contact group
- Preview and print a contact list
- Create and manage tasks.
- Create, customize, and categorize a task
- Create a recurring task
- Assign a task
- Print tasks
- Customize Outlook.
- Add a new e-mail account
- Configure junk mail options
- Set default message format
- Create an e-mail signature
- Customize personal stationery
- Customize search options
- Create and manage Quick Steps
- Create and manage rules
- Configure AutoArchive settings
- Add a news feed
Core 1 Communication Core 2 Technology Fluency Core 3 Information Literacy