Sep 23, 2020
CTA 120 - Help Desk Concepts 3 credit hours - Three hours of lecture weekly; one term.
(formerly CSI 129 - Help Desk Concepts)
Examine general help desk concepts, types, job categories and responsibilities. Discuss processes, tools, technologies to develop skills in systems management and customer service. Prepare for training and certification in Help Desk profession essentials.
Prerequisite(s): Eligibility for ENG 111 or ENG 115 or ENG 121 .
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the role of the help desk in technical support.
- Identify the types of help desks
- Describe job responsibilities
- Define help desk support tools
- Define systems Management Requirements.
- Describe the career opportunities for the help desk professional.
- Explain the components of a help desk.
- Identify the different types of help desk job categories.
- Identify and describe help desk processes.
- Identify and describe the help desk
- Identify customer satisfaction strategies.