Sep 22, 2020
CTS 266 - CCNP SWITCH: Implementing IP Switching 4 credit hours - Three hours of lecture and two hours of laboratory weekly; one term.
(formerly CSI 273 - CCNP SWITCH: Implementing IP Switching)
Acquire skills to implement, monitor and maintain switching in converged enterprise campus networks. Learn how to plan, configure, and verify the implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions. Implement and configure the secure integration of VLANs, WLANs, voice, and video into campus networks. Utilize hands-on simulation learning to complete comprehensive labs to reinforce configuration skills. Lab fee $100.
Prerequisite(s): CTS 265 or permission of CTS department chair.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Implement the secure routing solutions to support branch office and mobile works
- Analyze an Enterprise Campus Design
- Implement VLAN’s in a campus network
- Implement Spanning Tree Protocol and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- Plan, configure and verify the implementation of complex enterprise switch solutions
- Configure InterVlan Routing
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration
- Secure the campus infrastructure
- Prepare the campus infrastructure to support wireless, voice and video
- Plan and execute regular network maintenance to monitor and maintain complex enterprise routed and switched IP network
- Describe and protect against MAD layer attacks
- Describe and protect against VLAN attacks
- Describe and protect against Spoofing attacks
- Troubleshoot performance and connectivity
Core 1 Communication Core 2 Technology Fluency Core 10 Innovative and Critical Thinking