Sep 23, 2020
DAN 106 - Beginning Tap Dance 2 2 credit hours - One hour of lecture and two hours of studio weekly; one term.
Continuation of the study of the technical fundamentals of tap dance. Students continue to master more challenging single, double and triple tap sounds. Concepts, techniques and terminology from other dance forms will be added to the tap movement to provide a diverse range of styles. May be repeated once for a total of four credit hours.
Prerequisite(s): DAN 105 or permission of department chair.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Continue to practice basic tap rhythms and sounds
- Demonstrate continued proficiency in basic technique and tap rhythms and sounds
- Observe relevant techniques for proper execution of exercises
- Increase tap vocabulary and movement through space, strengthening technique and performance
- Demonstrate correct sounds as done in traveling through space
- Demonstrate proper form and body awareness when moving through space
- Demonstrate more complex time signatures and rhythms
- Acquaint self with basic time step and basic rhythm tap technique
- Rehearse steps and demonstrate the difference between time signatures and various rhythms
- Discuss tap history and various formats.
- Demonstrate understanding of early tap history through discussion
- Discuss the differences of the various tap formats and demonstrate understanding of all
Core 1 Communication Core 3 Information Literacy Core 4 Personal Wellness Core 5 Self Management Core 9 Global Perspective