Nov 23, 2020
Award: Certificate (code CRT.ART.PHOTO)
Total Credit Hours: A minimum of 22 credit hours.
Purpose: The photography certificate is offered for students who desire a concentrated introduction to photography for career purposes or personal enrichment. Credits earned for the certificate may be applied to the Associate of Applied Science degree program in communication arts technology.
The courses develop an individual’s skills in photographic production and technique as well as darkroom and studio procedures. Students will become familiar with the camera, studio use, lighting and picture-taking techniques.
Range of Occupations
- Photo lab technician
- Photographic assistant
Occupations can be explored further through the virtual Careers Center.
Financial Aid: This program has not been approved or is pending approval by the U.S. Department of Education federal aid program eligibility. Students enrolled in this program may not be eligible to receive financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education (Pell Grants, SEOG, Federal Work-Study, Direct Loans or PLUS loans) or the Maryland Higher Education Commission (Educational Assistance Grants, Senatorial Scholarships or Delegate Scholarships). For current information on eligible programs, contact Financial Aid.
Demonstrated eligibility for ENG 111 .
Certificate Requirements: 22 credits
Choose two of the following courses: 6 credits
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in verbal, nonverbal and written forms.
- Use appropriate technology that supports or facilitates communication.
- Collect, organize, compute and interpret quantitative and qualitative data and/or information.
- Apply mathematics, science and technology to make decisions.
- Think critically and to solve problems using basic research, analysis and interpretation.
- Identify, locate and use informational tools for research on alternative, historical and photojournalistic processes.
- Demonstrate ethical and cultural awareness, an understanding of cultural diversity and effective and appropriate modes of social interaction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety practices and regulations in the labs.
Related Educational Opportunities