Sep 26, 2021
Official Title of Certificate: Architecture and Interior Design - Construction Management, Certificate
Total Credit Hours: 36
About Architecture and Interior Design Department
Purpose: Teaches skills in the area of construction project management, construction estimating, materials and methods of construction and construction documentation. Credits may be transferred toward an Associate of Applied Science degree in architecture and interior design, or to schools offering a bachelor’s degree in building construction or construction management. See advisors regarding specific requirements.
Range of Occupations
- Construction manager
- Owner’s field representative
- Project manager
Certificate Requirements: 36 credits
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Interpret single and multi-view drawings.
- Explain aspects of the construction process in written, graphic, and oral form.
- Assemble building materials and/or systems.
- Practice appropriate technology used in the construction process.
- Apply building codes and regulations in the construction process.
- Assess environmental, health, safety, and welfare issues in different construction contexts.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources