Sep 26, 2021
Official Title of Major: Arts and Sciences Transfer - Dance, A.A.
Award: Associate of Arts degree, A.A.
Total Credit Hours: 60
About the Dance Program
Purpose: For students interested in pursuing professional training, transferring to a four-year institution or gaining personal enrichment by concentrating in dance.
Planning Tool: Two-Year Sequence of Courses
Arts and Sciences Transfer Program Core Course Requirements
The core courses for this degree are simultaneously satisfied by three of the General Education Requirements listed below: (1) the Communications Arts and Humanities general education requirement, (2) the Sophomore Literature Arts and Humanities general education requirements, and (3) one of the History courses in the Social and Behavioral Sciences general education requirement (HIS 111 or HIS 112 or HIS 211 or HIS 212 ).
English Composition: 6 credits
Arts and Humanities: 6 credits
Mathematics: 3 credits
Students must choose one Mathematics course from the following:
Social and Behavioral Sciences: 6 credits
Additional General Education Requirements: 6 credits
Area of Concentration: 26 credits
Required Courses: 14 credits
Choose four courses from the following: 8 credits
At least two courses must be selected from the 200 level.
Elective: 1 Credit
Recommend students check on transfer institution’s requirements. No more than 3 credits of physical activity courses may be used as electives.
All students in associate degree programs must satisfy the Diversity Requirement . In many cases, students may satisfy this requirement simultaneously as they satisfy a general education course requirement or with an elective.
All students in associate degree programs must satisfy the Technology Requirement . In many cases, students may satisfy this requirement simultaneously as they satisfy a general education course requirement or with an elective.
Unless they are in a degree that is exempt, all students in associate degree programs must satisfy the Wellness Requirement . In many cases, students may satisfy this requirement simultaneously as they satisfy a general education course requirement or with an elective.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate complex ideas and information through writing, speaking, presenting, and using technology.
- Locate, organize, and analyze information from multiple sources in order to develop informed, reasoned, and substantiated arguments.
- Explain the value of tradition, innovation, and creativity in artistic expression.
- Apply mathematical skills, critical analysis, and logical thinking to solve problems and interpret quantitative information.
- Apply an awareness of social diversity and the ways in which cultural values are historically and socially situated.
- Demonstrate a kinesthetic sense of awareness.
- Describe using examples and/or demonstrations how dance is as an effective form of non-verbal communication.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources