Aug 17, 2022
Official Title of Major: Construction Management, A.A.S.
Award: Associate of Applied Science degree, A.A.S.
Total Credit Hours: 60
About the Architecture and Interior Design Department
Purpose: Training in the organization and management of both large and small construction projects. Develop skills in the areas of project management, construction estimating, materials and methods of construction, and construction documentation. Teaches and integrates principles of business management as applied to construction technology.
Range of Occupations
- Construction manager
- Owner’s field representative
- Project manager
Planning Tool: Two-Year Sequence of Courses
English Composition: 6 credits
Arts and Humanities: 3 credits
Social and Behavioral Sciences: 3 credits
Additional General Education requirements: 3 credits
Program Requirements: 39 credits
Please choose 2 BPA electives from the list below:
Satisfied by SOC 111.
Satisfied by ACH 242 .
Fast Track Option
This program has a Fast Track Option for those holding a college degree.
Related Anne Arundel Community College Certificates
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Interpret single and multi-view drawings.
- Illustrate visually and orally.
- Assemble building materials and/or systems.
- Generate the construction process.
- Employ appropriate technology.
- Apply building codes and regulations.
- Assess environmental, health, safety and welfare issues.
This program aligns with all the college’s core competencies.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources