Sep 25, 2023
EDU 202 - Engagement Coaching Course II: Expand3 credit hours - 45 hours lecture total; one term.
Examine new strategies to assist clients in expanding their perspectives and designing actions to move the client forward. Deepen and build on the foundational learning from Course I: Engage including essential coaching skills, International Coach Federation’s (ICF) core competencies, and ethical coaching guidelines. Apply the components of the coaching agreement to design meaningful relationships with coaching clients.
Prerequisite(s): EDU 201 with a grade of C or better or permission of department chair.
Note: For participants interested in becoming a certified coach, this 3-credit course fulfills the second course requirement of the 60-hour coach-specific training requirement for the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) ACSTH pathway. To become a certified coach, the participant must complete EDU 201 , EDU 202 and EDU 203 and then fulfill the additional requirements stated by the International Coach Federation. Typically offered OL; fall and spring terms.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be trained in the ICF Core Competencies and will be able to:
- Examine perspectives and alternative possibilities for overcoming obstacles
- Apply strengths-based coaching to a client in order to identify strengths and help a client realize their full potential
- Demonstrate the components of a coaching agreement and capacity to design co-creative relationships
- Apply coaching tools and activities such as visualizations and sage identification to coaching situations
- Demonstrate and deepen essential coaching skills such as reframing, awareness of resonance, metaphor use, and inquiry
- Apply a written feedback tool to coaching situations
- Identify a client’s stake and its relationship to achieving the intended impact
- Identify a variety of actions clients can take to create on-going learning for themselves
- Use planning, goal-setting, and accountability to deepen a client’s responsibility to take action.
- Examine ethical guidelines and professional standards that apply to all coaching situations