May 15, 2021
Title of Certificate: Architecture and Interior Design - Architectural Illustration, Certificate
Total Credit Hours: 29
About Architecture and Interior Design Department
Purpose: Teaches presentation techniques used in professional architectural rendering. Emphasizes the artistic side of architecture with an emphasis on various drawing techniques.
Range of Occupations
- Architectural draftsman
- Architectural renderer
Financial Aid: This program has not been approved by the U.S. Department of Education for eligibility for federal student aid. Students enrolled in this program may not be eligible to receive financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education (Pell Grants, SEOG, Federal Work-Study, Direct Loans or PLUS loans) or the Maryland Higher Educations Commission (Educational Assistance Grants, Senatorial Scholarships or Delegate Scholarships). For current information on eligible programs, contact Financial Aid by calling 410-777-2203, emailing email@example.com or stopping by a Financial Aid office.
Certificate Graduation Requirements
To graduate with a certificate, students must have demonstrated eligibility for ENG 111 or ENG 115 . See Academic Regulations for all Graduation Requirements.
Certificate Requirements: 30 credits
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply a wide variety of techniques associated with delineating architectural design including the use of appropriate tools and technology.
- Apply common symbols, materials, scales, and terminology used in architectural design and illustration.
- Create architectural designs and models using a variety of techniques and technologies.
- Deliver written and oral presentations that explain and justify architectural plans or models to a professional audience.
- Apply construction technology concepts to the development of architectural plans and models.
- Describe environmental and regulatory factors affecting building design.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources