Aug 11, 2022
Title of Major: Computer Science Transfer - Information Systems, A.S.
Award: Associate of Science, A.S.
Total Credit Hours: 60
About the Computer Science Department
Purpose: This transfer program provides a solid computer science and mathematics foundation for those students transferring to four-year colleges and universities to pursue a bachelor’s degree in computer science. Students who have already selected a transfer college/university should consult with the Computer Science Department Chair to plan their program and to keep abreast of program changes and updates to the articulation agreements between Anne Arundel Community College and the transfer institutions.
Additional Degree Requirements
A grade of C or better is required in each Computer Science Transfer course requirement.
Students may wish to also review requirements for the similar major linked below.
Planning Tool: Two-Year Sequence of Courses
Computer Technology: 4 credits
Program Requirements: 12 credits
Transfer institutions require a B or better in both CTP 150 and CTP 250 .
Area of Concentration: 11-15 credits
Computer Competency Requirement
General education requirement CTP 103 meets this requirement.
All students in associate degree programs must satisfy the diversity requirement. In many cases, students may satisfy this requirement simultaneously as they satisfy a general education course requirement or with an elective.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Design, correctly implement and document solutions to computational problems
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of software.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complete System Development Lifecycle from planning and problem analysis through implementation and documentation.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
This program aligns with all the college’s core competencies.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources