Statewide Tuition Reduction Program
This program of study may be designated a Statewide Tuition Reduction Program. This means that some residents of Maryland (refer to the Tuition, Fees and Payments section of this catalog) enrolled in this program of study by the first day of the term may be eligible for in-county tuition rates for courses required for program completion. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm that this program still maintains a Statewide Program status before enrolling. Please refer to the college’s Accounts Receivable Office to confirm this designation.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
1. Differentiate between ethical and unethical actions regarding homeland security practices.
2. Demonstrate effective verbal communications skills.
3. Identify ethnic, cultural, national, religious, and political ideologies.
4. Examine and interpret forensic evidence to reconstruct terrorist events.
5. Outline the myriad weapons of mass destruction/disruption, as well as critical land and water vulnerabilities.
6. Develop strategies to generate intelligence.
7. Apply key principles in border control and transportation security to solve problems related to homeland security.
8. Write clear, concise, and accurate reports.