Dec 05, 2022
Official Title of Certificate: Advanced Network Security, Certificate
Total Credit Hours: 16
About the Cybersecurity, Networking and Digital Forensics department
Purpose: Provides students with the hands-on skills and knowledge to protect cyber computer networks. Skills covered include the design and implementation of firewalls, IDS, wireless security, cryptography, Linux security, Windows security, among others. In addition to network security fundamentals students will learn valuable defense and countermeasures.
Related Industry Certificates
This program provides partial foundation for the following industry recognized certifications: Security+ (CompTIA) and Linux+ (CompTIA) industry certification exams.
Range of Occupations
- Internet security specialist
- IT compliance specialist
- IT manager
- Network administrator
- Network analyst
- Systems analyst
Open/Print Planner for this Certificate
Certificate Requirements: 16 credits
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Perform TCP/IP addressing, routing, and packet filtering.
- Install proxy servers, firewalls, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Secure network perimeters and harden network infrastructure.
- Identify the priorities and processes used to protect computer and network systems.
- Identify network vulnerabilities, implement network defense strategies and develop alternate solutions based upon cost and level of security required.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Students may wish to also review requirements for the related majors or programs linked below.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources