Dec 03, 2023
Official Title of Certificate: Server Administration and Security, Certificate
Total Credit Hours: 20
About the Cybersecurity, Networking and Digital Forensics Department
Purpose: Learn how to support and maintain the integrity of systems, software, network, storage devices and data directly related to Windows and Linux server operations. Acquire systems and network administration functions such as installing, integrating, documenting and maintaining software, firmware, computer, networks and storage systems, development and user environments, assisting system users and managing user accounts, and performing technical documentation and process engineering functions.
Related Industry Certifications
This program provides partial foundation for the following industry recognized certifications: Security+ (CompTIA) and Linux+ (CompTIA) industry certification exams.
Range of Occupations
- Linux administrator
- Network administrator
- Network engineer
- Network support technician
- Operating system specialist
- Systems administrator
- Systems engineer
- Windows server administration
Open/Print Planner for this Certificate
Students must satisfy the prerequisites for each course in the certificate or have permission of the academic chair to take each course.
Certificate Requirements: 20 credits
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Use the basic elements of the UNIX/LINUX operating system to send and receive electronic mail, utilize hierarchical file structure, create and edit documents, write shell programs and provide system security.
- Load, configure and maintain UNIX operating systems.
- Install, configure, manage, monitor and troubleshoot Windows servers.
- Build, configure, secure and troubleshoot basic and extended WLANs.
- Administer and support different brands of wireless LAN hardware.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Students may wish to also review requirements for the related majors or programs linked below.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources