Jun 09, 2023
Official Title of Certificate: Media Production, Certificate
Total Credit Hours: A minimum of 27
About the Visual Arts and Humanities Department
Purpose: The media production certificate prepares students in the fundamentals of developing television programs. The courses cover technical areas such as equipment set-up and operation, lighting, selection of lenses and audio. Other important areas include program planning, the production process, image composition and video graphics.
This certificate is a serious introduction to the field rather than a comprehensive study of production methods. It is beneficial to students who need an introduction to video production methods for employment or personal use.
Range of Occupations
- Camera operator
- Video production assistant
Certificate Requirements: 27 credits
Upon successful completion of the Video Production Certificate, students will be able to:
- Create storyboards, use video equipment, and organize shoots and video crew;
- Create, mix, and edit images, sounds, and video into presentation for various genres;
- Develop skills in using digital video as a medium for storytelling;
- Produce analysis and criticism of films;
- Analyze the relationship between film and culture;
- Apply various critical methodologies to interpret films;
- Discuss history of film and film industry.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Students may wish to also review requirements for the related majors or programs linked below.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources