Mar 31, 2023
Official Title of Major: Business Management - Healthcare Professionals, A.A.S.
Award: Associate of Applied Science degree, A.A.S.
Total Credit Hours: 60
About the Business Management Department
Purpose: Provides comprehensive skills necessary for a successful and satisfying business career. Exposes students to all aspects of today’s rapidly changing and technologically challenging business environment. Prepares students for careers in the global economy. Students who wish to major in business at a four-year college should enroll in the Business Administration transfer program or should carefully review and follow the special articulation agreement for ‘Business Management’ programs (see Transfer Services).
Additional Degree Requirements
A program chosen from a core of courses considered essential for any business student and from a broad range of electives. Students are expected to select a four-course area of concentration that will permit them to enter a variety of business occupations. The groups of courses listed are examples of appropriate and logical selections in an area of concentration. Required courses cannot be used as area of concentration electives.
Range of Occupations
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Clerk
- Medical Assistant
- Mental Health Assistant/Technician
- Information Clerk
Planning Tool: Two-Year Sequence of Courses
General Education Requirements: 24 credits
English Composition: 6 credits
Arts and Humanities: 3 credits
Social and Behavioral Sciences: 3 credits
Additional General Education requirements: 6 credits
Program Requirements: 24 credits
Area of Concentration Requirements: 12 credits
All students in associate degree programs must satisfy the Diversity Requirement . In many cases, students may satisfy this requirement simultaneously as they satisfy a general education course requirement or with an elective.
All students in associate degree programs must satisfy the Technology Requirement . In many cases, students may satisfy this requirement simultaneously as they satisfy a general education course requirement or with an elective.
Unless they are in a degree that is exempt, all students in associate degree programs must satisfy the Wellness Requirement . In many cases, students may satisfy this requirement simultaneously as they satisfy a general education course requirement or with an elective.
Upon successful completion of healthcare professionals area of concentration, students will be able to:
- Describe the dynamics of the changing global business environment.
- Apply information from financial statements for decision-making purposes.
- Present ideas and communicate in a professional manner.
- Apply economic information for decision-making purposes.
- Apply current business concepts and laws to develop legal & ethical business practices.
- Apply state and federal healthcare policies in the operation of a healthcare enterprise.
- Use recent developments in healthcare to assess alternative management solutions in healthcare related problems and challenges.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources