Dec 03, 2022
Official Title of Certificate: Photography, Certificate
Total Credit Hours: A minimum of 22
Visual Arts and Humanities
Purpose: The photography certificate is offered for students who desire a concentrated introduction to photography for career purposes or personal enrichment.
The courses develop an individual’s skills in photographic production and technique as well as darkroom and studio procedures. Students will become familiar with the camera operation, studio lighting as well as digital and analog printing methods.
Range of Occupations
- Editorial Photographer
- Fine Art Photographer
- Commercial Photographer
- Photographic assistant
Certificate Requirements: 22 credits
Choose two of the following courses: 6 credits
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in verbal, nonverbal and written forms.
- Use appropriate technology that supports or facilitates communication.
- Collect, organize, compute and interpret quantitative and qualitative data and/or information.
- Apply mathematics, science and technology to make decisions.
- Apply critical thinking skills to solve problems using basic research, analysis and interpretation.
- Identify, locate and use informational tools for research on alternative, historical and photojournalistic processes.
- Apply ethical and cultural awareness, an understanding of cultural diversity, and effective and appropriate modes of social interaction to the practice of photography.
- Apply knowledge of safety practices and regulations in the labs.
This program aligns with college’s core competencies.
Students may wish to also review requirements for the related majors or programs linked below.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources