Nov 30, 2023
Official Title of Major: Arts and Sciences Transfer - Nursing Transfer, A.S.
Award: Associate of Science degree, A.S.
Total Credit Hours: 60
About the Biology Department
Purpose: The Nursing Transfer program prepares students for transfer to area colleges and universities offering a bachelor of science degree in nursing.
Planning Tool: Two-Year Sequence of Courses
English Composition: 6 credits
Arts and Humanities: 6 credits
Biological and Physical Sciences: 8 credits
Social and Behavioral Sciences: 6 credits
Additional General Education Requirements: 3 credits
- Technology Requirement 3 credit hours
Must choose from:
Area of Concentration Requirements: 28 credits
Arts and Sciences Transfer Program Core Course Requirements
The Program Requirements for this degree are simultaneously satisfied by three of General Education Requirements listed above: (1) the Communications Arts and Humanities general education requirement, (2) the Sophomore Literature Arts and Humanities general education requirement, and (3) one of the History Social and Behavioral Sciences general education requirement courses (HIS 111 or HIS 112 or HIS113 or HIS 114 or HIS 211 or HIS 212 or HIS 214).
Satisfied by SOC 111 .
Satisfied by BIO 135 .
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze and solve problems by applying discipline-appropriate quantitative tools, concepts, and methods.
- Investigate physical phenomena experimentally, using discipline-specific tools and methodology.
- Apply discipline-specific lab safety rules.
- Apply knowledge of discipline-specific fundamental concepts to explain experimental outcomes or real world phenomena.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret information based on scientific reasoning and discipline-specific concepts.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Related Anne Arundel Community College Degree
Students seeking entry to Anne Arundel Community College’s Nursing (RN) degree should refer to the registered nurse information in this catalog.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources