Feb 26, 2024
Official Title of Certificate: Full-Stack Web Development, Certificate
Total Credit Hours: 27
About the Computer Science Department
Purpose: Develop and apply web design, database manipulation, programming, and server-side scripting skills to create interactive websites. Learn skills needed to master both front-end and back-end technologies.
Range of Occupations
- Website application developer
- Full stack web developer
- PHP Developer
- Web Content Manager
Financial Aid: This program has not been approved by the U.S. Department of Education for eligibility for federal student aid. Students enrolled in this program may not be eligible to receive financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education (Pell Grants, SEOG, Federal Work-Study, Direct Loans or PLUS loans) or the Maryland Higher Education Commission (Educational Assistance Grants, Senatorial Scholarships or Delegate Scholarships). For current information on eligible programs, contact Financial Aid by calling 410-777-2203, emailing email@example.com or stopping by a Financial Aid office.
Certificate Requirements: 27 credits
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Summarize the process of serving a webpage and how the browser renders code
- Build front-end websites with static and dynamic Web pages
- Create back-end server with routes to support full-stack applications
- Implement user authentication schemes needed to incorporate different types of databases
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources