Financial Aid: This program has not been approved by the U.S. Department of Education for eligibility for federal student aid. Students enrolled in this program may not be eligible to receive financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education (Pell Grants, SEOG, Federal Work-Study, Direct Loans or PLUS loans) or the Maryland Higher Education Commission (Educational Assistance Grants, Senatorial Scholarships or Delegate Scholarships). For current information on eligible programs, contact Financial Aid by calling 410-777-2203, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or stopping by a Financial Aid office.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
1. Integrate knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, kinesiology, and massage theory to use critical thinking skills to plan and organize an effective massage therapy session tailored to each client’s specific needs.
2. Perform therapeutic massage demonstrating the use of massage therapy principles and a variety of techniques.
3. Develop and implement a self-care strategy.
4. Demonstrate ethical and legal behavior, cultural sensitivity, boundaries and effective communication with clients and professionals in the massage therapy profession.
5. Develop a strategy for a successful practice, business or employment situation.
6. Document massage sessions according to industry standards.
7. Prepare to pass the MBLEx and Maryland jurisprudence exam.
8. Integrate knowledge of pathology, medical devices, and functional and environmental limitations to develop a treatment plan for safe and effective clinical massage in a healthcare setting.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.