Feb 23, 2024
Official Title of Certificate: Entrepreneurship for Licensed Professions, Certificate
Total Credit Hours: 12
About the Entrepreneurial Studies Institute
Purpose: Participants in licensed professions will be trained in the basics of entrepreneurship and business ownership. Participants will learn and apply innovative problem solving techniques which are valuable to skilled trades and licensed professionals who wish to transition from being employees to business owners.
All credits earned in the certificate are stackable and apply towards requirements of the Entrepreneurship Certificate and the Entrepreneurship AAS degree if the student decides to pursue them.
Range of Occupations
- Unlimited = depending on the vision and goals of participants
Financial Aid: This program has not been approved by the U.S. Department of Education for eligibility for federal student aid. Students enrolled in this program may not be eligible to receive financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education (Pell Grants, SEOG, Federal Work-Study, Direct Loans or PLUS loans) or the Maryland Higher Education Commission (Educational Assistance Grants, Senatorial Scholarships or Delegate Scholarships). For current information on eligible programs, contact Financial Aid by calling 410-777-2203, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or stopping by a Financial Aid office.
Online Degrees and Credit Certificates
This program can be completed fully online. Some online courses may require proctored exams or on-campus assessments at a testing center.
Certificate Requirements: 12 Credits
Students must complete the four core courses in Entrepreneurial Studies to earn a certificate in Entrepreneurship for Licensed Professions.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use idea generation methods to identify and analyze ideas for a business venture.
- Design and develop a comprehensive business plan to launch an entrepreneurial venture.
- Design and develop a marketing plan to launch an entrepreneurial venture.
- Use research methods, financial statements, and analytical skills to enhance business management and strategic decision-making.
- Apply current business concepts and laws to develop legal and ethical business practices.
Career and Educational Advancement Resources