Arts and Sciences Transfer Program Core Course Requirements
The Program Requirements for this degree are simultaneously satisfied by three of General Education Requirements listed below: (1) the Communications Arts and Humanities general education requirement, (2) the Sophomore Literature Arts and Humanities general education requirement, and (3) one of the History Social and Behavioral Sciences general education requirement courses (HIS 111 or HIS 112 or HIS 211 or HIS 212).
Unless they are in a degree that is exempt, all students in associate degree programs must satisfy the Wellness Requirement . In many cases, students may satisfy this requirement simultaneously as they satisfy a general education course requirement or with an elective.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
1. Plan, communicate, and implement coherent and justifiable practices that improve human conditions
2. Analyze ideas critically and defend recommendations for improving the conditions of society
3. Act in a personally and socially responsible manner, recognizing the complexity and diversity of the human experience
4. Identify and use technology to research, collect, analyze, and interpret data and effectively communicate information that educates and influences others
5. Communicate in a language other than English in a culturally appropriate way.
This program aligns with the college’s core competencies.